Wednesday, January 04, 2012

cooking like Conrad

My kitchen. It's my kitchen. For ten+ years with Conrad, I've been the one to do the cooking. In the past year, though, our patterns have changed. Conrad has been in charge of dinners on a more regular basis than previously, and his evil influence is starting to rub off on me.

To wit: dinner on the Tuesday after Christmas in Vancouver. I was off at swim camp that evening, and we'd pretty much taken care of the turkey leftovers from the Friday dinner with my parents. Dinner was up to Conrad, and he performed admirably. I don't know where he got it from, but it was entirely reasonable sushi. We plated it up nicely and enjoyed it with Marie.




Fast forward a week or so, and it was my turn. Takeaway sushi, this time from WF.



I jest and exaggerate - we dine like this often. Weekly, in fact. Not pizza, only occasionally Thai or Mexican. Lazy me, since I'm the one responsible for the kitchen. But who am I kidding? Same time next week?

No comments: