Thursday, January 12, 2012

winter arrives



It's been a funny season here in Chicago. I think we may have dipped below freezing this close to the lake once before Christmas. Perhaps twice. On the other hand, so far this winter ("winter"?) we've had multiple days reaching well into the 40s and even the 50s. That's the 10+ range for my friends in Canada. That's not winter.

I think, however, winter arrived today. For how long, I'm not sure (and I'm already escaping it with a week in Dallas ahead), but by gosh, we're getting some snow. Oh, nowhere near the Snowmageddon (Snowpocalypse?) of almost a year ago, but the ground is getting covered now, ad it's clearly not the quasi-spring day we were having only a few days ago. Time to get the boots on!



When the big snow hit in February, I had the great timing of having planned to work at home. Winter hits today, and here I am, working on a book chapter at home. I haven't been out of the building since 10:35ish this morning, not long after the snow had started and the neighbourhood was only lightly dusted, and even then it was only a jaunt to Starbucks for decaf latte #2.

No comments: