It freaks me out a little that Eric was last my officemate 11 years ago. I've been in Chicago that long. Longer. On the other hand, I've had an office to myself ever since, and that's meant my own music at the volume I like and getting to sing along with all the Christmas carols I love so very dearly.
But back to Eric.
He hasn't been too involved with library associations in recent years, but - happily - his area of research brings him to Chicago with some regularity. On those visits, we do try to get together and catch up over a meal. Tonight, in fact, was his treat to me and Conrad (we should have had the super-premium margaritas, darn it!) in honour of hour wedding. Even more graciously, he let us show him pictures at the dinner table!
Very good to see him, though, and oh, the food was fine, too. I think I may switch back to fajitas when next we go to El Mariachi, but the shrimp in pipian rojo
No comments:
Post a Comment