Sunday, August 13, 2023

dinner last night

I was a busy boy yesterday, I tell you.  A long walk with Conrad to start the mornings, breakfast, groceries, a lot of cleaning/tidying, and then in the kitchen from 3:00 onward, punctuated by the times I got to sit at the dinner table.  After Jennifer and Sanders left, I got all the dishes done, and then it was bed.  I slept terribly, so bodily fatigued that I couldn't get comfortable.  Ah well.  Dinner was nice, at least.

I found some gorgeous, thick halibut for dinner.  It wasn't cheap, but then, buying dinner at a restaurant for five would have been a lot more.  I kept that in mind and prepared the meal.  The halibut I tossed with a bit of olive oil and some seasonings (salt, pepper, oregano, paprika).  Cooked in a pan, then set atop some red lentil puree (actually a soup recipe that I strained, pureed, and strained again).  I gave each plate a few pieces of roasted romanesco, and then topped the fish with minced red onion marinated in lime juice and tossed with mint, cilantro, and parsley. 


All in all, it was tasty.

For Van and me, dessert was simply some gorgeous sweet cherries (I love this time of year for all the various stone fruit), but I made a fregolata and set it out with some goat milk gouda for the others.

Nice!

And when all was said and done, I was a sweaty, exhausted boy.  Happy with my work, but man, I was pooped!



No comments: