Saturday, August 19, 2023

ridiculousness

The problem with a cleanse month is always when there is no control over a menu.  At least with our local favourite places, I know what I can eat in order to meet the restrictions that I have set on myself.  A work function at the college?  Not so easy.

Yesterday was Opening Day, and for the first time in a handful of years, we were all live and in person, enjoying the buffet lunch and celebration in one of the gyms.  I attended because I thought it would be a good to be visible, especially with a new librarian in tow.  I knew that I wouldn't have great choices for lunch, and I was right.  So here you have it:  my lunch.  Roasted summer squash.  A bit of a mango salsa.  A serving of spinach salad that probably had some sugar in the dressing, but I decided to get it for a little substance (and eat around the bits of feta).


Sigh.

Day 19 today.  A little less than two weeks to go.  Some days it's just boring eating, right?

No comments: