Saturday, August 05, 2023

the weekend is here

It's a summer Saturday, and promising to be another fairly warm if not hot one.  Conrad and I have a quinceanara celebration to attend later today, and we'll go to the movies and then have dinner tomorrow with Van and Natasha.  A busy weekend, in other words.

So, then, it was nice to start it out fairly easily.  Conrad and I did our welcome usual:  head to the bar at Maestro for an early dinner.  And a light dinner at that:  with my self-inflicted cleanse this month, most of the menu is off limits to me.  I filled up, nonetheless, on guacamole, oysters, and ceviche


(then came home to have some fresh cherries for dessert).  Conrad - curse him! - got to enjoy cocktails and wine while I stuck to sparkling water. 

Rigo made him up a new cocktail, a clarified pina colada, and I had to laugh and tell Rigo I couldn't have any.  At which point Rigo laughed and said the other bartender, Franco, and one of the waiters are also doing a dry month.  August seems to be it for folks!

We came home, Conrad sipped a bit more wine and had some chocolate, and read until bedtime.  A nice evening.

After a good night of sleep, it was up and out the door by 7:30 this morning on a good walk.  We headed north of the freeway today, which we haven't done in ages.  I knew there would be decent shade in among some tree-lined streets there.  An hour and a half (almost) later, and we were at Amara.  I swapped out my decaf latte for an oat milk decaf latte.  My usual breakfast was already fine for my cleanse.  And that made for a happy start to Saturday for us!



Conrad, I should add, has now gone upstairs for a wee nap.  🤣

No comments: