Friday, September 01, 2023

back in the homeland again


A new month, a return to the homeland.  Isn't it lovely being back?

Conrad is still back home in Pasadena, poor guy.  On the mend, but not yet testing negative.  With luck, he can join us later this weekend.  But no, it was just me and Van driving to LAX yesterday



and from there catching a flight north. 

An on-time flight, but by the time we were unpacked in the hotel, it had already been over two hours since landing.  A later night than I like, and I know I will need a nap later.

Late night or night, I was up earlyish this morning.  I left Van sleeping in bed, and I got myself ready and out the door to get in some step count.  4.5 miles this morning, and what a morning it is.  I made my way down to the waterfront nearby, along it


into Stanley Park,

and then back through downtown


to the hotel.  I'll head over to the club shortly to get a swim in as well, but I am looking forward to a lot of walking today.  The weather should be perfect for it!

Back in Vancouver until Wednesday.  I have at least two more trips to Vancouver booked for this last third of the year (and to Toronto, which is in Canada, of course, but I mean, meh, Toronto), so I will be getting a good Canadian fix to get me through.🍁🍁🍁

No comments: