Monday, September 04, 2023

out on foot in Vancouver


As previously mentioned, I've been racking up the step count so far in Vancouver (and I've made it to the pool twice while here).  In three days I was averaging some 23,000 steps a day.  Today will pull that number down - I need a bit of a break - but I'll still be on foot a whole bunch.

I didn't map Friday's walk, but I got some nice morning views along the waterfront in Coal Harbour and down to Stanley Park.  A glorious morning to be out on foot.  I've already posted those photos.

Saturday I decided to head down Howe and across False Creek on the Granville Bridge, looping back to the hotel via the Burrard Bridge. 


Another fine morning for it, and a good, long walk, a few photos captured.


Yesterday was an ambitious day.  Two miles of running eastward through some areas that are a little more gritty before ending that run in Strathcona. 


And then a walk from there.  I had wanted to come over the Cambie Bridge, and I was partway over it in fact, but there was someone sketchy I wanted to avoid ahead of me on my route, so I backtracked and instead came back via the Burrard Bridge again.  6.25 miles for that walk! 

And a few photos again. 

Not to mention one pooped, sweaty, old guy.

And then this morning.  An easy stroll with a stop at a Starbucks.  Not quite two miles,


and that's fine.  It's cooler and cloudier out, and I enjoyed the temperature change.  And I even grabbed one photo of an alley that caught my eye.


I'll soon head to the condo (and then post this later in the day, after I make that trip), another 1.25 miles (approximately) on foot.  So, some step count today, nothing major.  Still, it's been terrific being in a city that is so walkable and has so much to be seen!

No comments: