Ah, the weekend. It's not been a long or difficult week, but I am glad the weekend is here. That's probably because I've been gone so many weekends lately, and after this weekend, I'm gone the next three. So it is that I am relishing having some normalcy and being at home.
I had an unusually late (for a Friday) afternoon at work yesterday, and so I didn't make it to Maestro until almost 5:30. Conrad and Van were holding down the fort at the restaurant bar, so to speak, so there was a seat awaiting me. I ordered a cocktail, the drink special (a mezcal and pineapple and other things concoction)
and settled into an overdue Friday evening at our favourite restaurant. No, no other food photos, sorry. A good meal in our bellies, we came back to the condo for a little television.
I left Conrad in bed this morning. He was conked out hard still, and anyway, his ankle has been bothering him. I set out a little before 6:30 in a southeasterly direction before meeting up with Conrad to head to Amara. First Saturday morning there in a little while, and, again, I'll miss the next few. We enjoyed our breakfasts
and oat milk lattes
and planned for the day, the weekend, and the week ahead.
Routine feels nice when we finally return to it, I have to say.




No comments:
Post a Comment