Friday, November 24, 2023

a bit of the feast yesterday

The day after US Thanksgiving, and I'm a bit of a wreck.  In my younger days, even then it was tough working in the kitchen.  At my age, and in the terrible shape I am in, two days of being in the kitchen for hours leaves me worn out and achy.  Not fun, and I will take it very easy today (including a massage).  And maybe at some point I will actually want to eat.

The funny thing is, I took a plate yesterday with a little of everything (except cranberry, which I don't care for with a turkey dinner), and I couldn't eat it all. 


I started on the sides and didn't make it to my drumstick.  Oh, the leftovers we have!  Pot pies on Sunday, I think.

But it was a nice meal.  Five of us - Geoff and Kent came up from the desert with their dog.  Turkey, stuffing, squash, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, pearl onions, glazed carrots and parsnips, cranberry relish, rolls - we had it all.


And sorry, but I will pat myself on the back:  look at that bird!


Maybe I should begin Christmas cards today....

No comments: