Thursday, November 16, 2023

Friday in Oregon

Wait, how did I get to be six days behind?  At least it's a mild week here, easy for catching up bit by bit.

But let's do this a little different.  Here, then, is a list of things from last Friday in Oregon, the day before the wedding...

  1. A lazy start, but when I got started, I think I looked cute.

  2. A drive into Medford with a first stop at Starbucks.

  3. A walk around the city downtown. 





    Some cool old buildings,



    but not much life, alas.  Big library, though!

  4. A drive out to Jacksonville, where we'd had dinner the night before, to poke in a shop or two.
  5. Wine tasting after too short a time in Jacksonville's downtown. 


    Very good food




    and wine to pair at Parkhurst Winery. 

    The white asparagus dish was a particular highlight,

    as were the sablefish bites. 

    The fava and mint puree with the shrimp was the best of all, though.

  6. A party in the hotel lobby for all the wedding guests featuring burgers and brats grilled outside and catering by Peter's aunts.  Meeting everyone was a treat, but Peter in a tiara (with Deb) was the highlight.

There.  Not too much editorializing, and really, none needed.  Just look what a gorgeous day it was.  Clearly we enjoyed ourselves the day before Peter's wedding!

No comments: