Saturday, November 18, 2023

the wedding weekend (Peter and Matt)


Here we go, then.  Peter and Matt's wedding.  One week ago today, in Medford.  Gorgeous fall weather, a small crowd of family and friends.

The wedding was held at an Episcopal church in town. 


I should add here that Peter and Matt live in Sacramento, not Medford.  But there are family members in the area, including the uncle who performed the ceremony.

We took our seats, excited for the ceremony. 



I didn't take photos during the ceremony, reasoning that the photographer would make them available to guests through Peter and Matt some day.  Instead, I got to raise my voice in hymn and prayer, shed a tear or two, and smile a whole lot.

There were photographs to be done after the service, and we headed outside to enjoy the last hour of day light.  A couple of the other guests, meanwhile, had taken it upon themselves to decorate Peter and Matt's vehicle, and I couldn't help but take a turn at the silly string. 




It was cute and funny.

The reception was held on the early side, a private room at Dancin' Vineyards


Can I just say, we looked good. 


Once inside, the wines flowed freely, and we feasted on pizza slices.  It was easy given the small group (about 30) to get round to different tables and enjoy conversation with a wide range of people.  It came time for the cutting of the cake,

and I love Peter for being adamant about buttercream rather than fondant.  And look at that topper!

I stopped taking any photos after that.  We came back to the hotel with some wine, and folks lingered in the lobby, drinking and talking and laughing.  The grooms, the sister, and a few guests went to a bar after that, but we decided to call it a night after what was an altogether very fine, very sweet, very happy day.



No comments: