Tuesday, January 02, 2024

an easy start to 2024


It's Monday, January 1, as I write this.  I'll have to get some dinner cooking soon, and then prepare myself mentally for being back in the office tomorrow for the first time in almost four weeks (though I've done remote work since then).  That all will be a challenge to shift back into the going to work mindset.  I'll manage.

Happily, today was a nice, easy, mellow start to 2024.  We were to bed late (but not overindulged, thankfully!), but I was still up by 7:30.  Yes, I needed a short nap later on, but I got myself going out the door before 8:00, leaving the others to sleep more.  A nice little walk around the neighbourhood, including a glimpse of the Goodyear blimp.


Late morning was a Starbucks run, a bit to eat, and finishing the dishes.  Eventually the three of us got out the door together to take Olive over to a park in San Marino.  A walk for the little girl.

For all of us, really - my step count this year is way ahead of last year. 


And then Conrad and I headed back to the condo to wind down the day here.

Looking forward to all of the easy weekend mornings that the three of us (the four of us!) can have in 2024!



No comments: