I have a big suite here at conference. I'm grateful for it. The association books a large block of rooms, and typically there are suites that the hotels include for the association officers. I am fortunate that I am one. And so I have a suite. And it deserves use.
I call it a pizza party, but it was an opportunity to bring some EB colleagues together along with a few other members attending the conference to have an informal space to talk. And wow, was there a lot to talk about. No, not just association stuff or the conference, but our profession in general. I recall a particularly robust conversation on one side of the room about AI in libraries, for example. I'm glad that I got to use the space to harbour such discussion.
But we did have pizza. Eventually. Ordering mix up, I take much of the blame.
But most importantly, we had Ernie. Sara and Peter's dog. A cutie, and a mini-celebrity. We certainly didn't mind folks giving him some affection while they talked.

No comments:
Post a Comment