Tuesday, January 02, 2024

first swim of 2024

Relax, there will not be a vast and irritating series of posts of the first this-that-or-the-other-thing of 2024.  Maybe one or two such posts, but I'll soon veer into other topics, I promise.

However...

...first swim of 2024.  And yeah, it was a swim.  I came home from the pool, from a short swim (because I had to get myself going to work), and when Conrad asked, I just said, it was a swim.  And he chided me (gently) not to be down on myself.  To which I responded that I was just being real.  It wasn't a long swim, it wasn't especially enjoyable, it wasn't great technique, it wasn't fast.  But I got in the pool and I did that little bit, which is more than zero.

So, it was a swim.  The first of 2024.  Not the last, surely!

No comments: