The nice thing about Peter (and now Matt as well) living upstate is that it's not terribly hard to get together outside of conferences. The two of them are in town this weekend for a concert, and we managed to tack on a dinner together. I had just seen Peter, of course, but it was the first time for Conrad and Van to see them, and for me to see Matt. Hooray for the opportunity.
Van's doing a particular cleanse right now, so dinner took a little more thought. No dairy, so no butter to fortify the parsnip puree I served with the lamb shanks.
And also no ice cream for him (or shortbread crumble) in the dessert bowl - cashew yogurt and some no-grain, no-sugar granola instead.
But it all worked out nicely, and a good time was had.
I hope to see the boys in March when I am likely up their way for meetings. Fingers crossed!



No comments:
Post a Comment