Sunday, May 26, 2024

a bit of baking

Being at home for several days means I am bound and determined to do some cooking.  I made a roast chicken last night, and it was not half bad.  But I was happier that the early appearance of stone fruit in the stores meant that I could pull out my quick and easy souffle recipe.


No, really.  Make a fruit puree, fold it into whipped egg white and sugar (a meringue, essentially).  Bake in individual ramekins.  Bob's your uncle.


A second night here of enjoying dinner together.  I made a Remember the Alimony


and switched to a rose with my chicken.  We'll all get together again tonight over at Van's for online happy hour and for grilling (steaks!).

This morning has been quiet and easy.  I won't quite say lazy.  No, we didn't go for a walk, but I did get back in the kitchen and made up a batch of scones. 


When was the last time I did that?  Honestly, not since some time last year.  A batch of dried blueberry scones for a holiday weekend Sunday morning.  A very nice thing, indeed.

No comments: