Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Sunday night that felt like a Saturday


Long weekends can really mess with the mind.  What day is it?  Who knows?  I am still convinced that it's Monday right now, for example.  Readers, I am writing this on a Tuesday morning.  I'm in a post-holiday fog.

It didn't help that weekend activities felt so shifted.  A lazy morning yesterday and ice cream plus a walk over at Caltech?  Totally Sunday.  Grilling on the deck?  Saturday!

But no.  The grilled dinner of steak and veggies was Sunday evening.  And a fine evening it was for sitting outside, enjoying the food and a lovely Cab. 


The confusion was made worse, however, by moving our online happy hour to this past Sunday when typically it's a midweek thing.  A Chicago theme, so I made the three of us Southsides,

but when we ran out of mint, I made myself a variation on a Sunflower for a second cocktail, using Italicus in place of the elderflower.

A fine evening, all in all.  Olive stayed close at hand in case a piece of steak made it her way (yes, one or two did).  And maybe the best part was that Conrad and Van did the dishes. 



Hey, I basically cooked everything and made the cocktails.  It was the least they could do!

No comments: