It's Memorial Day, a USian holiday I've never given much thought to. The equivalent of Remembrance Day, I think, but because of its ballyhooed calendar position as the unofficial start of summer, it always seems like just another stat holiday to me. So then, sorry to those who observe it, to those for whom it is significant. I did not mark it as such.
Instead, we went to Afters and got ice cream.
And apparently it's Conrad's favourite. Which is fascinating to me since I have never been there. So apparently Conrad is holding out on me. That Conrad.
It's a cool little place, not far from PCC and Caltech, in what is at least staged to be an old gas station.
The available flavours were a little more sophisticated, too: I noted an emphasis on milky/chocolate/tea flavours. Conrad opted for the cookie butter ice cream,
Van had the dark matter brownie batter ice cream,
and I went for the milk and cereal with Captain Crunch on the scoop.
Tasty! I would have liked more of a cereal flavour and maybe some salt in mine, but it was good.
And then we came home and I took a nap. Yes, I am old.




No comments:
Post a Comment