Sunday, May 12, 2024

Friday and Saturday in one fell swoop

Late on Sunday afternoon here, and I'm taking a break in reading lazily.  Is it too late for a nap?  Hmmm...

Let me do a quick check in on the weekend that was.

Friday!  Maestro.  A loud time at the bar thanks to a group of very bro-y guys drinking a goodly amount of expensive tequila.  Conrad and I stuck to one corner of the bar, cocktails in front of us


(and in hand!),

the tetela

and then the cochinita pibil for dinner. 

We came home and had some wine and read out back until it got to be too chilly.  A nice evening.

Saturday!  We walked to Van's, gave the girl some love,


then collected Van for a breakfast at Amara, including my decaf latte! 

That evening?  Burgers on the deck at Van's. 

All three of us enjoying a cocktail or two,

and then the main event. 

I otherwise found myself engrossed in a novel I was re-reading. 

I let them watch television after dinner and retreated to the office to read and listen to music.

I was up before everyone this morning, getting a good walk in. 


And now the weekend is almost done.  Alas.  Ah well.  A short week at work as I head to Chicago on Wednesday...

No comments: