Sunday, May 19, 2024

ok, so this is a little behind on things

Five days?  Sorry.  Travel, meetings, blah blah blah.  Whatever, Peter.  Let me catch you up.

Last Wednesday I flew to Chicago. 


A long day of travel - I decided to fly out of Burbank, not LAX, and that meant a connection.  I made it to the hotel, checked in along with two other colleagues/friends who had just arrived, then headed to dinner.  Back at the hotel, I got a photo of my, well, urban view,

and then watched Netflix and chatted with a friend and read until it was bedtime west coast time.  A long day overall, then.

The next day was a full day of meetings, followed by dinner with colleagues at Avli.  Conrad made it in time for dinner, which was great.  I had a tasty dish of lamb shoulder,


so that was welcome.  And then a big group of walked back across and along the river to the hotel. 

Ah, what a lovely night for a stroll in Chicago.

Friday came, and the last of my meetings.  The association offices were quieter, as are so many on Friday these days, but I got a shot of the library. 


And a shot with one of my favourite staff, Cheryl, who had retired but came back on a temporary basis to help bridge the gap in her absence. 

So hooray for seeing her.  I adore her.

The meetings ended by lunch time, and then it was on to personal time for the weekend.  But that will be other blog entries to come.

I swear, they will come.

No comments: