Yep, it was a weekend, and not at all a bad one. There are remnants of my cold lingering even now, but for the most part, I'm doing alright and was that way through the past weekend. And that meant, happily, some welcome and familiar things.
Such as dinner at Maestro on Friday night! It was a nice, warm evening, so Conrad and I sat outside. I've been having a mostly dry month, so I had a mocktail made with coconut, pineapple juice, and cafe de olla syrup.
We shared guacamole and plantain chips, a roasted beet salad,
and the black bean and huitlacoche tetela.
It was only toward the end of dinner that we realized that we'd had a vegetarian meal. Great! It was nice to be back.
Saturday morning we walked. After a few days of inactivity, I was sluggish, I admit. But we hauled ourselves around Old Pasadena for a couple of miles and landed at Amara for a light breakfast.
On the way home afterward, I stopped to get a shot or two of the "snow" of fallen tabebuia blooms on the sidewalk.
From a distant, they looked like crumpled caution tape. Really striking.
We got things done at home and at the bank (but ugh, I won't go into the whole story, just...grrrr), and eventually I got into the kitchen to make us a simple dinner of pork tenderloin and cabbage.
And after the bank thing I thought, you know what? I will join Conrad in a cocktail with dinner. And so I did!
I have no photos from yesterday, alas. A much lazier day, and I wish I had slept better the night before. The time change over a week ago is still kicking my butt, and my sleeping hours have been wonkier than I would like. We ultimately ended up at Van's in the afternoon for a handful of hours of watching the Oscars and then dinner together. Nice time of it, but nothing that I captured with a lens.









No comments:
Post a Comment