It's been unreasonably, unseasonably, record-breakingly hot this week in southern California. While Conrad's family in Michigan has been suffering some heavy snow, we've been reaching well into the 90s daily. It should cool down a little after the weekend, but it's too much and far too soon. Technically winter, but nope. Summer temperatures already. Ugh.
In such a week, I'm trying to keep the cooking to a minimum so as to turn on the stove infrequently and the oven even less. Dinners like on Wednesday night (and a similar one at Van's on Tuesday): a grazing board of things that I pulled out of the fridge and cupboards.
That was just right for us - variety and ease all in one! I poured us mocktails from a bottle of a pre-made mix (not a great drink, but nice for something a little different),
and we sat outside enjoying the evening air cooling off.


No comments:
Post a Comment