Monday, March 30, 2026

remnants


Yesterday was monthly online drinks.  Rather late this month, and no Conrad or Chris to enjoy it with us.  Alas.

But it was a fun theme.  Over time, we've each purchased bottles of something or other to make a specific cocktail once, maybe twice, and then... yeah.  These bottles sit.  I have been ruthless and tossed a few, I admit.  I hate the waste, though.  So, this month we tried to address it.  Remnants - that was the theme.  I selected three bottles that sit there, staring at me, and made a cocktail with each.  Ranked from least favourite to favourite, they were

The Trade Secret. 


I didn't end up fully drinking this one, only a few sips to decide what I thought of it.  Not bad, and if I had only made this, I would have been happy.  A way to use the ginger liqueur I had purchased for our Britpop themed drinks.  I may try this cocktail again some day.

The Vanilla Sour. 


I can't remember what I bought the Galliano for, but I always associate it with the Harvey Wallbangers that my mother drank back in the 70s.  This was a simple drink, it felt light enough and elegant, and I ended up enjoying it as the first of two drinks with the gang.

The Naked and Sunburnt. 


A play on a Naked and Famous but the Ancho Reyes taking the place of yellow Chartreuse.  A very light burn to this one, just enough to make the chile known but not so much that Van didn't drink it.  I liked it, though, and I will definitely make this one again!

Next month:  make our favourite cocktail.  Now then, what is my favourite cocktail...? 

No comments: