Wednesday, March 25, 2026

Tuesday evening

I am so mixed up.  Tuesday evening last night?  Was it?  Really?  I could have sworn it was a Sunday.  Life will get back to normal at... some point.  Conrad heads out of town on Saturday, and then exactly one week later, after his return, he and I head out of town together.  I think that maybe by late April there will be some semblance of routine again, but who knows?!

Anyway... Tuesday night.  Having let loose this weekend, I decided we'd have some wine with dinner (I'll go back to greatly tempering drinking the rest of the week, more or less, and then beyond!), and I made us some dinner out of things found in the fridge and cupboards rather than going shopping.  A simple tomato sauce, some pasta, burrata, crispy prosciutto. 


Not the most refined dinner, but it tasted fine and used up some burrata that was at risk of getting past its sell-by date.

Conrad and I sat outside, watching Drag Race and appreciating having a pleasantly mild evening.  The recent heat was unwelcome, and then we had the heat of Palm Springs, so a relatively cooler (but not at all chilly) evening was welcome.  Plus, the heat has the jasmine in the back courtyard on the verge of blooming. 


Hooray!

Onward with the week.... 

No comments: