Saturday, March 21, 2026

Friday night at Maestro

In recent months I've taken to summarizing the weekend that was after the weekend that had been.  But we're all off to Palm Springs tomorrow, back on Tuesday, and I thought I'd squeeze in an entry or two before I go.  So, from dinner last night, I present a Maestro meal for your visual feasting.

Van joined us last night, which was nice.  He hasn't been over to Maestro in a while, and they do ask about him when he's not with us.  We sat outside - their outdoor seating is fully shaded by the building across the alley in the evenings - and had an early meal.  The two of them had cocktails (two for Conrad, one for Van), but I stuck to mocktails and enjoyed the one with cafe de olla syrup first


and then their house margarita but made with a non-alcoholic tequila. 

Still trying to stick to one drink each week (but not a week apart necessarily), and I had my drink on television date night with Van.  I will be enjoying a cocktail tomorrow when we have dinner in the desert, though!

As for food, we didn't have too big a dinner.  Plantain chips and guacamole as we sipped our cocktails, then we followed that with the kale and sesame salad,


the bone marrow esquites,

and then a plate of enmoladas. 

All of it good, filling us nicely.  There is a new (to us) musician playing outside on Friday evenings, and we enjoyed his strumming and singing.

After dinner we walked back to the condo.  A little chocolate, Van watered the plants, we chatted a bit, then he headed home to Olive and left us to our devices.  A mild evening followed, and that was perfectly alright by me! 

No comments: