Friday, March 27, 2026

as seen on morning walks this week

After a week of hot weather last week, it's been a relief to have cooler temperatures this week, especially overnight.  It is still March, though, right?  I ask because the June Gloom (or, if you prefer, the May Grey) was thick and soupy at least a couple of mornings this past week when I was out on walks. 



I don't mind, believe me.  Makes for great walking.

The recent heat has set so many things blooming.  I very much hope the jacaranda bloom is remarkable this year when it happens.  A couple of days this past week, though, I've come upon these trees.  White or pink flowers, depending on the tree. 





A Google search suggests that the tree is called the orchid tree or mountain ebony.  Either name, it's lovely.

Only a short walk this morning - I had to set off for the library much earlier than usual these days because I had an 8:00 meeting before opening the building at 9:00.  Not much of the marine layer today, but it was a pleasant temperature, and the light on City Hall was lovely. 




I hope to get some good walks in this weekend! 

No comments: