Wednesday, June 07, 2006

43 hours


Less than two full days until we leave. One more work day to go. Not that I'm counting.

May was exhausting. Work has been getting to me, and increasing the swimming to a total of some 53 miles last month alone was wearing me down physically. In other words, I don't know when last I've needed such a break.

Lots to do here at home. I'd post up to date things, but frankly, this week has been all about getting through it, not doing anything special or fun in a tiny way. Dinner out tomorrow night, but that's tomorrow.

And I'm neglecting the Yahoo! blog, I know....

A couple more Sweden photos for you. The second one is the dish of reindeer that was my meal on the flight home on SAS. We had used miles to travel business class, and it was this trip that really got us photographing food with wild and silly abandon. The next photos to come should be of sunnier, spring/summer scenes!



I should add (though it's a little hard to spot): the butter pat has been stamped with the Swedish (or perhaps it's Danish - we were on a flight out of Copenhagen [further digression: I love how the Swedes pronounce that city name, like "shoopen ham"] after connecting from Stockholm) word for butter: smör.

9 comments:

Stunned Donor said...

That's light years away from the sad little ham sandwiches they give me in Cattle Class on Lufthansa.

Peter said...

Well, it's cattle class for us tomorrow en route to Stockholm, so we'll see what they feed us there. I've been spoiled in recent years by upgrades, I admit. We fly United mostly, and their food (and wine) isn't much to cheer about even in Business Class. Nor are their lounges, for that matter. Still, a little extra comfort is nice!

Stunned Donor said...

Have fun on your trip and remember to get up an d walk around during the flight to prevent deep vein thrombosis.

Peter said...

Thanks Mom!

LOL

And a warning: expect to see lots of photos available, especially food photos! You have been warned!

Stunned Donor said...

is it too early in Sviden for cloudberries?

Peter said...

Good question. I think so. Apparently it was a cool spring there, so while we're heading into some pleasant weather, I think it will be less green than here.

Just the same, I'll get my hands on whatever local foodstuffs I can and enjoy!

BTW, send along an e-mail so that Jeph and I can pass things along to you outside the blogspot comments field!

Stunned Donor said...

stevensotheremail@gmail.com

Where in Sviden are you going to be? I've spent a little time there and I really enjoyed it. If I weren't such an Italophile, Sviden would be on the short list of places to emigrate to.

Peter said...

Three nights in Stockholm, four nights in Alfta (near Bollnäs in Halsingland), and a last night in Stockholm. I've not seen Stockholm despite a trip over there in 2005. Should be very good!

And thanks for the address!

Peter said...

We did taste cloud berries tonight, by the way. Frozen ones reheated. Interesting.