Time, then, to post a few more photos!
This year at Annual, Martin and I took in another roommate, David (shown dancing in the street at the Disney Village to the smooth sounds of one of those Pan Pipes bands).
A fellow swimmer (in Houston), another "family" member. Sweet guy. He and I managed to get to an outdoor, long-course practice in Fullerton on the Saturday morning, then had dinner together at Roy's after breezing through the GLBTRT social on Sunday. How funny that I finally made it to a Roy's after a few aborted attempts in Chicago and a few trips to Hawaii. Tasty, though, and it made me yearn a little for joining Conrad on one of his trips there. I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, though, spring rolls (we thought we had ordered pork, but the bill said duck - tasty enough, but so hot from the fryer that we obviously couldn't tell a difference in what the meat was)
and a butterfish that was in an intensely flavourful sauce. A rich meal in the end.

The next night David was back in Houston, and Martin and I dined at Catal in the Disney Village.

Our first stop, actually, was a reception, from the balcony of which we could look down on our own, more-modest hotel.
We sat out on the balcony in the warm evening. RAD stopped by to chat at some point. Some vendors crowded around our prime location for viewing the fireworks later on. And while the food was fine if not especially memorable (my rabbit was lukewarm and ok though I rather liked the harissa-flavoured couscous), the bottle of Tempranillo was good and reasonably-priced, and the waitress was utterly sweet and the highlight of the meal.
Next conference, though, I will remember to use red-eye reduction...
No comments:
Post a Comment