Saturday, July 12, 2008

Halsted Tastes Better


We tend to miss a lot of local events, whether by design or accident, it doesn't matter. Pride? I was in Anaheim, Conrad was in Honolulu. Market Days? We have a memorial to be at in Escanaba. Air and Water Show? Oh please let that be the weekend we're in Maui. You get the idea, though, I think.

This year, though, we did make it (after swim practice, so a little late) to Halsted Tastes Better, an annual event featuring bites from the various gaybourhood restaurants, including Yoshi's of course. Ahhh, Yoshi's, we'll finally be back there tomorrow night.

As I said, we were late because of swim practice, so I took only a few photos of us, including Joanna, one of the other regulars. Nice evening, and we ate quite well (in fact, we had unused tickets in our book that we ended up giving to some friends to share). The event has improved year by year, and we're glad that this year we had no deliberate or accidental conflict.

No comments: