I slip ever further behind on blogging. A week in Anaheim, a long weekend in the UP. These conspire against me. I feel as though I'm writing many more apologies for not writing entries than writing actual entries. Merde.
I still have photos from KC in May that I want to post. Add to that content from the ALA conference last week. But for now, pretty flowers. A nod to Jeph - I can't compete with his garden (we don't even have a sacrificial plant on the balcony this summer), but I can see lovely gardens and wildflowers on my travels.
We counted about 70 of these showy lady slippers along the roadside near Escanaba this weekend. We also counted a couple of holes where people had dug up some clumps - a no-no given that the orchids are protected. They're a little past their prime but no less attractive for it.




No comments:
Post a Comment