As promised, a last batch of Kansas City photos. In fact, we took many more shots, but I think I need to move on now that several weeks have passed. I really did like the place, and I'd be glad to go back, but I find myself looking ahead to various July and August trips instead.
So then...
Some eye-catching signs from the Powell Gardens, arguably more interesting than the plants themselves.




One of our favourite of the sculptures featured in the Gardens - a family of quail. What is the collective noun for quail? A covey? Like a pride of lions or a bun of librarians?

Back in the city we went to a hilltop downtown to look out over Kansas City, KS.


Then, driving around on a sunny afternoon, we came upon the clever parkade for the public library.


The next day we headed up the monument overlooking the city. Remarkable views, and a great day to enjoy them.




Kansas City, in a sort-of nutshell. It's 9:30ish, and I fear I'll be in bed later than intended....
3 comments:
I hear ya! Addicted to all things online (well, not *all* things but enough things).
Well..
"Covey" fits partridges... (close enough?).
However,
how about "a shush of librarians!"
(look it up: i'm not kidding).
From: An Exaltation of Larks, by
James Lipton.
louise
I've always preferred "bun" as the collective noun for librarians.
:-)
I've seen both covey and bevy for quail, BTW.
Post a Comment