On the other hand, I really am very childish all too often, so I feel no shame in posting photos from the ALA Scholarship Bash evening at Disneyland a week ago Saturday.
Funny thing is, I knew very few people who were going. I don't know why. I wish they had for their sakes. Martin, at least, sprung for a ticket late in the game, and I hooked up with him and some of the other Colorado librarians.
Rochelle and Keith.

Me with Martin, and Zeth behind us.

Our first stop, Tomorrowland!

Space Mountain, of course. Martin and I made it on that ride 3 times that night (and 9 rides in total). Ah, so much fun. A forty minute line, but we amused ourselves:Colorado librarians acting like they love each other and everyone and everything.

Colorado librarians acting sober and serious.

Colorado librarians.

Night came on (Martin and I outlasted the other three, staying until midnight), and we pressed on to the Matterhorn,
a few rides on the Big Thunder Mountain, and then nostalgia time: the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
Oh, come on, like you wouldn't want to go on it again? I couldn't quite convince them to do the Dumbo ride, but the pretty tea cups brought back fond memories of (gasp!) 30+ years ago for me. Look, Keith liked it, too.
It got too dark for many more photos, and all that I captured after that was the sign at the ever-cheesy Pirates ride.
Gussied up with Johnny Depp-bots, of course. Ugh.If only I could have got shots of the fireworks - Americans really do know how to do them right!
No comments:
Post a Comment