Sunday, January 11, 2009

our glamorous lives


Contrary to prevailing opinion, Conrad and I do not simply swan about town, appearing at restaurants, sitting down to expensive multi-course meals, looking fabulous and dining exceedingly well. Nor do we loll about the house amongst a treasure trove of vintage Fiestaware, blithely feasting on whatever struck my fancy to cook.

The ugly truth I am about too reveal is that we have rather dull, boring lives full of the mundaneness that, in my fantasies, servants would take care of. So it is that we got out of the house on a dreary January afternoon and ran some errands. Household necessities, frivolous stuff, another storage bag for the tree.







This, dear readers, is what Conrad and I are really like. But just think: what would a blog of these sorts of activities and photos look like? And that is why it'll be back to dining and cooking and vacations for the foreseeable blogging future.

5 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

LOL

By the way, what's Jewel Osco?

Peter said...

Brenda, Jewel is a grocery chain and Osco is a pharmacy. Often you'll find the latter in the former here in Chicago.

Jeph, some paparazzi tried taking our photo, but Conrad dashed over, grabbed the cameras, punched a guy, and stomped on their equipment in the snow.

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy! Wait until this weekend and you do some real glamorous shopping in Traunik! I've heard someone has already alerted the paparazzi. I'll tell them I haven't seen you. Bring your disguises! Karen

Sharon Andy Holderman said...

Soon you'll be eating boxed macaroni and cheese with microwaved hot dogs!

Peter said...

What do you think we're eating all those nights that don't make it on the blog?

;-)