Monday, January 19, 2009

snowy UP weekend

There's not really much to be said about this. Shall I borrow (sacrilegiously) from Christina G. Rossetti? Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow. All through this Saturday, in fact, it has been coming down. The speed and intensity varies, but the drifts and piles grow.

It can be very pretty, though. On our driving around the Upper Peninsula this weekend, we've taken a few shots: in Escanaba and other communities, in the countryside where trees and farms jostle for space along the roadsides.








Sunday morning now as I continue this post. I was up at a not-too-early time, but still early enough to catch the sunrise on the way over to a coffee shop here in Escanaba. Along the way, I took more photos. The snow must have stopped sometime not long after we got home from dinner last night, judging by the accumulation atop the car. Very powdery snow blanketing the town, sparkly in the sunlight. No wind this morning either, so it made for a lovely walk.





No comments: