Saturday, January 31, 2009

winter in Denver

Rumour has it that the day before I got to Denver it was 70 Fahrenheit degrees. The forecasts I'd seen had us down for maybe a smattering snow but generally mildly cool temperatures around or slightly above freezing.

And so it was I brought a pair of regular shoes to wear.

Silly me.

Temperatures were cooler than expected, though not terribly cold. Until Monday, that is, when we woke up to this:



Even the chairs on the relatively sheltered porch of Martin and Mark's house were getting a dusting.

Happily for me, my activities didn't involve straying too far from the Convention Center (poor old bear with snowy shoulders). And while I don't at all mind winter - I'm not yet tired of it - I do look forward to the day when the Midwinter Meetings will return to, oh, San Diego or a similarly warm local.

No comments: