My dinner didn't photograph well. Perhaps I should say, instead, that I didn't take due care with it. I had a rare treat, something I never cook and seldom see on menus: liver.
Love it. Hated it as a kid, but now? Yes, please!Conrad had a steak - I didn't photograph it - but what finished the night richly for him, Karen, and their Mom were the three ice cream cocktails they shared between them. Conrad's Mom went with a Grasshopper.

Minty, boozy, sweet. She liked it fine. Conrad and Karen started out with one Bel Air - a Grasshopper with chocolate sauce - between them;
one was insufficient in the end, and they quickly and thoroughly enjoyed a second.
More minty, boozy, sweet.Ah well, why not? It's the Saturday of a long weekend, and I was the one driving them. We may all want lighter fare tomorrow, sure. Maybe, just maybe, it should be a day of bran flakes, chicken broth, and steamed broccoli. For one night, though, a little richness to combat the cold winter night.
1 comment:
Wait, you like liver too?
Post a Comment