Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Fête

Our special meal in Honolulu (well, they were all special in their own way - I was delighted by the coffee and pastry shop


that Conrad and Van found, and Orchids was lovely) was at a James Beard Award winner called Fête.

I love love love Waikiki, truly, but it was nice to get over to Chinatown where there are some really interesting restaurants, bars, and stores (not to mention the lei shops!) .  Van had found the restaurant in Sunset magazine, and we were happy to try it.  Even better?  The available seating was at the bar. 



Now then, if you have ever read older posts about our beloved and now gone Yoshi's, you will know that I very much enjoy sitting at the restaurant bar to eat.  I love watching the cocktail craft and talking with the bartenders.  So I was thrilled with our seating.  We didn't talk to the bartenders much that night, a measure of how very busy they were, but we still had some enjoyable interaction.  I did like it when he breathed a sigh of relief that all three of us were having Last Words, a fairly easy drink to make.

My summary:  I'd go back.  I would want the entree to be served a little hotter in temperature, but I liked the Korean bavette just the same. 


I seem to be a sucker for fried eggs these days.  The local cheese was fine (I loved the banana jam),

the deviled eggs were pretty tasty,

and the roasted carrots were among the best things I've eaten in some time. 

We all agreed on that.  So good!

And the service was entirely enjoyable.  Bellies full enough, we headed back to Waikiki on that Saturday night, looking forward to sleep and a last full day on the island.

No comments: