Thursday, March 09, 2023

the other Van

And maybe the first Van in our lives (though I have known a Van professionally for years as well).  Also, it's not pronounced Van, like our Van, but like Von (or Vaughn, though Conrad would say that those names/words sound different - I beg to differ). 


I had popped round to Maestro yesterday to meet a colleague after work for a drink, and who did I run into?  Van, stopping in to say hello and get some things for taxes (if I heard correctly).  So great to see him.  He was a bartender at Maestro for years, and we - as with so many of the regulars - adored him.  It was sad to see him leave last fall, though he left under amicable circumstances.  And there's hope that he'll be back to do a pop-up one day, so hooray for that!

In other news, wow, is my face looking round!

No comments: