Our March cocktail theme for our little cocktails Zoom group yesterday was maple, premised on the idea that in March, the sap is running in the trees, and it's maple syrup time. Honestly? I never need an excuse to enjoy maple. Good Canadian that I am, I adore the stuff. My sister? Would rather have Aunt Jemima. I shake my head at her.
Because of my work schedule this semester, I end up missing the first half of the drinks session. So by the time I made it to Van's, he had almost finished making the Buttermilk Maple Gin Flip that had kind of fascinated us when we saw the recipe. I got to taste some, and I have to say, I liked it. It's a rich drink, what with the whole egg in it. Rather like an eggnog with just a bit of tang to it. Once I arrived, we moved on to a different cocktail: the Nor'easter Rum Cocktail.
I liked this one even more. It's a rum-based spin on a Moscow Mule, and it was refreshing. We munched on the contents of a cheese tray and sipped.
Had we more maple syrup on hand (we used up all that Van had in the fridge), I would have wanted a second one. Ah well. A successful evening nonetheless!
April's theme: brothers!


No comments:
Post a Comment