Or, maybe we don't?
Our favourite cocktail, our home cocktail, is The Last Word. Equal parts gin, lime juice, maraschino (liqueur, that is), and green Chartreuse. That last ingredient is getting pretty tough to find in stores here in California. Believe me, we look for it whenever we can.
Last year when it was becoming tough to find the spirit, I set to work tracking it down through online shopping. And folks, I was successful. I gave Van and Conrad each four 750mL bottles for Christmas, kept four for me (well, us), and gave my sister a bottle. And I still found more, including a rather chance find of three bottles at Everson Royce nearby. Success! That should hold us a while, right?
And then while I was in Micronesia, four more bottles showed up. Ah yes, in all the holiday rush, that one shipment didn't arrive and got forgotten by me. And here it was.
So we have a stockpile. At the condo here we have seven unopened bottles - a little over 5 liters of the stuff.
Van has at least one bottle in progress and maybe an unopened one at this Pasadena house. And I am pretty certain there are another 5 unopened bottles in Rancho Mirage. Cocktails all around, right?
If you need me, I'll be settling back with a lovely Last Word...
No comments:
Post a Comment