Friday, March 03, 2023

Sunday breakfast


The great thing about being back home in Pasadena is that I can at last return to the restaurants that I enjoy so much, seeing the people there that I know and care about.  We had gone for dinner at Maestro the night before (and I didn't take photos because I wanted to catch up on my trip with Conrad and Van and just enjoy their company).  Sunday morning last, when we finally got Van out of bed, we headed up to Amara Cafe.  I should try new items there, and I have in the past, but I'm utterly happy to order the same thing when we sit and dine there:  an arepa filled with scrambled eggs and avocado with a side of guasacaca sauce plus a decaf latte. 

Yep, it hit the spot just right.

Sunday morning also afforded us the opportunity to enjoy the sight of all the snow on the mountains. 


I've seen it on Mount Wilson before, including earlier this winter, but last weekend brought a goodly amount and a lot lower down, covering more peaks than normal.  It was glorious to see, and we went for a drive after breakfast to try to take in more views.

Mostly, though, it was just really nice to have the three of us together. 



Saturday breakfast at Amara is our usual Pasadena routine, but hey, I'm totally fine with a shift to Sunday!

No comments: