Sunday, November 17, 2024

an easy Saturday

It feels good to have a Saturday at home.  It feels like it's been ages, but my perception is skewed by Conrad's recent travel as well.  In fact, save for one Saturday in December, I'll be home - we'll be home - every Saturday the rest of 2024.  Hooray!

It was an easy Saturday.  A brisk start to the morning - 43 when I got up! - and a short walk because there were things I wanted to get done at home, including brewing some decaf.  We were planning to meet Van for a later breakfast, so I wanted something hot to sip while I did some association work and otherwise putter around.  A lot of puttering around yesterday, and more this morning after I take Conrad to the airport.  Yes, he's off again, back later in the week.  And I, for one, would love a tidy home.  So putter it is.

But we did meet Van at Amara yesterday and had a leisurely time of it. 




I didn't photograph my plate, but I opted for a breakfast burrito dish instead of my usual arepa.  Just changing it up a bit so that I don't get bored of my regular order.  A satisfying breakfast in my belly, and it was back home to get things done.

That included dinner.  Van and Olive came over, and I served up pork chops for the humans.  A simple recipe:  a few onions sliced, fresh time, salt and pepper.  Layer the onions and thyme below and above the pork and season well.  Cover it all and pop in a low-ish oven to bake for a few hours.  The meat bakes and braises in the juices from the onions, creating it's own little savoury jus to serve with.  Some farro and some Brussels sprouts, and that was a good meal. 


Filling!

And then cracking into another mystery novel before bed.  Easy, right?

We'll see what the week ahead brings.  A concert at the end of it, but it promises to be mostly mild before then.  I'll check in when I can!

No comments: