Conrad left for Philadelphia yesterday morning, and Van and I decided to have ourselves a date night in DTLA.
Or the Arts District or somewhere adjacent to that. Rossoblu was his pick of places, and I was glad of it - I’d heard about it for some time, and it had made the LA Times top 101 list in the past. Better still, as Van informed me, its specialty was Italian food from Bologna. Hooray!
I’m not an expert on Bologna after all of four nights there in September, but I’m not sure I saw how the menu was especially Bolognese. Yes, there were recognizably Bologna things - the tortellini en brodo
that Van and I shared was one such dish. But otherwise, maybe? No matter. It was good food. A cocktail to start
with different wines to follow for me, and then we shared a series of four dishes: stracciatella with apple, pear, and squash;
the tortellini; a breaded pork chop with prosciutto and Parmesan;
and a marvel of a buttermilk panna cotta.
Verdict: great food and worth going back. The service was nice enough but not as attentive as it should have been, but ah well. A cool space, likely too loud for Conrad. But yes, I would enjoy it again, given the opportunity, and explore other items on their menu.






No comments:
Post a Comment