Thursday, November 07, 2024

getting through

I'm still deeply unhappy about Tuesday.  It is a disaster that will mark our lives in this country for decades to come, and I cannot think how it will at all be positive.  No, it just won't be.

Sigh.

We're in the acceptance phase, I think.  And so it was that Van and I gave ourselves (well, he gave me) a nice dinner date at home last night.  Cocktails to start (Fallen Angels),


a little wine (an Epoch white blend)


with dinner,

some pleasant music, some good and rich conversation.

And then this morning, a true jewel of a morning, I got out the door at about 6AM and got in a little over 4 miles on foot.


It's not going to solve the world, but it is taking care of us.  Conrad comes home tonight from Philadelphia, and the three of us - plus Olive! - can have some time together.

No comments: