Friday, November 22, 2024

curry for dinner (plus a sunrise)

I turned to a recipe yesterday that I hadn't made in a while.  In truth, I don't even remember where I have the recipe written down.  At this point, I'm just going off recollections of things and winging it when I make the dish.  It's a long time favourite of mine, though:  eggplant and green pea curry. 


Tasty stuff.  A mound of rice, a dollop of yogurt, and it's a satisfying vegetarian dinner.  Take away the yogurt, and Bob's your uncle:  vegan!  Happy to have returned to this one again and make it for Van.

In other news (and thanks to Van for the photo), I am gay as a French horn and a real ham at times.



It's Friday, and Conrad comes home tonight.  Alas, we'll be down in Santa Monica for dinner and a concert (and I hope to blog those) and unable to pick him up.  It will be good to have him home, though.  It's an easy Friday so far, working away on program review today, a nice walk under my belt shortly after sunrise this morning.  And oh, a pretty sunrise through the oaks trees!


Happy weekend!

No comments: