It should be clear by now how very much I love early mornings. I can get things done, I can enjoy time to myself. This morning, before Old Pasadena got busy with breakfasters/brunchers and shoppers, before Conrad was out of bed, I took myself out on foot.
A quick pass by a mailbox to drop off the first round of cards written this weekend (32!! Patting myself on the back for that effort yesterday), and then it was a short amble before coming home to get to work on dealing with leftovers and preparing a bit for Van and Natasha to come by this evening. Out past Castle Green,
crossing Fair Oaks and pausing to capture a view that traffic normally does not permit me to capture,
wandering farther west before crossing an absolutely silent Colorado Boulevard - that pink stripe down the middle is what Rose Parade floats follow
- and then through an alley behind Starbucks to remind myself of the artwork there.
I've long been fond of that work by Ellis.
I'm pausing now in the morning decaf and Christmas cards routine to post this, but it's carols and writing for me until lunchtime. We'll get the tree up later, enjoy turkey pot pie tonight, and tomorrow we'll head to see Wicked. One more week of the semester to go. The year is winding down nicely.







No comments:
Post a Comment