Sunday, November 17, 2024

Sunday scones

My gosh, it takes me back to remember how I used to bake scones early every Saturday morning, or almost that often.  Scones for Smelts, and I would bring baggies of them to the pool to give out to teammates.  I don't make them nearly as often these days, alas, but once in a while the urge grips me.  All the better when I have buttermilk in the fridge that needs using.  And so it was the case this morning.

Two batches.  Dried cranberries in the first batch,


chunks of bittersweet chocolate and crystallized ginger in the other. 

I had one of the latter as my breakfast, I'll take some to Van's, and the rest will go in the freezer here for gentle reheating on future mornings when we want to have a mellow start to the day and something to go along with coffee.

Yum!

No comments: