Tuesday, December 16, 2025

dinner and a concert in DTLA

We had a lovely night last night, through and through.  It's great that we've not only stacked up our social calendars through this holiday season, but also that the things we're doing are so enjoyable.  Hooray for that!

Last night it was dinner first, then a show.  We headed to downtown LA, parked the car, then walked past the Disney Hall


and the Broad,


past other buildings in the downtown/Bunker Hill area,


past the library,

and ended up at Drago Centro

We haven't been there in ages - I think it was my birthday a couple of years ago - so it was nice to be back.  A Caesar salad for me,

then a tasty pork osso bucco with saffron risotto. 

The others had pasta dishes for their main courses, and I tasted them, finding them very good.  I'd like to go back again, have a leisurely meal, splurge on a good wine, and just enjoy it all.  Oh, and we had dessert, shared.  An eggnog creme brulee. 

It was fine, more eggy, like my Mum's baked custard, than silky and boozy.

And then it was back uphill to the Disney Hall.  I don't have photos from the performance since they weren't permitted.  But I will say we had terrific seats in the second row (the rows curve, and as we were on the end, we were almost up against one end of the stage). 



Chanticleer were in performance - I'm listening to their new Christmas album now - and they were terrific once again.  Some familiar faces, some new members.  A mix of older and newer songs.  They seemed looser and happier this year than when I've seen them in the past.  All in all, just so good.

Home after that, and some reading before bed.  I have things planned this evening and tomorrow, but then it's a couple of days off - hooray!  But how fortunate we are to have these wonderful opportunities. 

No comments: