I'll post this Friday morning, but it's Thursday night as I write this. Conrad is upstairs reading in bed, and I will soon join him. No cards to write - I got the last of the 105 cards this year into the mail last night. So while I play some Christmas tunes, let me share a few photos from a very nice pre-Christmas dinner at Julienne.
And my gosh, is Christmas really only two weeks away??? Sheesh!
Anyway, as you may know, we've been enjoying some Thursday night dinners at Julienne since summer. This was the last of the year. The place was beautifully decorated.
And you know what? The food was the best it's been as well.
A nice Caesar salad to start.
The three of us shared a bottle of Pinot Noir from up SLO way. Rolls to nibble on during the meal, lovely and fresh.
And then there was my bouillabaisse.
Superb! So beautifully done. I made sure to pass along my compliments on that one. Dessert followed, and although I enjoyed my apple tarte tatin muchly,
Van's Italian almond cake with a cranberry coulis was far and away the winner.
There were Christmas crackers on the tables. And there was very good company at my own table.
Of course!
Tonight starts a week of daily events for me if not for the others. It will be lovely, and I'll also look forward to next Thursday and a quiet night in with a simple dinner and no drinks and maybe a Christmas rom-com. For now, though, this was a terrific dinner at Julienne!







No comments:
Post a Comment